Guide
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031
The Woven Studio | $9 Wood Wick Candles
20996
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-20996,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.2.3,vc_responsive

$9 Wood Wick Candles

Day 9: 25 Days of Christmas

$9 Wood Wick Candles

I’ve wanted to do this project for THE longest time! I had bought the container (which is really a small planter I found on clearance at Target) back in the end of summer, but just never got around to doing it. Finally, while Billy and I were strolling the aisles at A.C. Moore, I saw a row of candle making items and went to town.

Now, if you have been over my house, you know that every time I have guests over, I light my WoodWickÓ candle. In fact, it is the sign that the house is finally ready after most likely hours of tidying. (I’m a little of a clean freak.) Anyways, those wood wicked candles are my ABSOLUTE favorite, because they give me a very tiny glimpse of what a fireplace would sound like in my home…one day… They crackle oh so nicely and flicker brilliantly. The only problem is, they are so very expensive. Full price, the regular sized WoodWickÓ candles I buy at stores like Bed, Bath and Beyond and JC Penney range anywhere from $24.99 and up. So what do I do when I can’t afford to keep spending that much for the things I like? I see if I can make it myself.

Woodwick1

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

• A container you would like your candle to be inside of. I actually used a small planter I had found on sale at the end of the summer, but you can go to any dollar store or crafts store and grab a glass container for much cheaper.
  • Wax, preferably soy. Apparently it is made of natural ingredients (soy beans) and burns for a longer amount of time.
  • A wick. Now, this project was made purely for the reason that I wanted a wood wicked candle, but it can be to your preference. We picked up some basswood strips that we cut down to size. You can get regular pre tabbed wicks at the craft store, along with the rest of the supplies for this project.
  • Fragrance oil, we chose Christmas tree scented! How fun!
  • Dye chips to make the candle the color you prefer. Because our candle was going to smell like a fir tree, we chose green.

Altogether, this project cost us around $4.50 for the candle supplies, and $4.50 for the stone container we used, totaling $9.00!! Take that, Bed Bath and Beyond!

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Measure how much wax you will need based on your container. There weren’t any ounce capacities listed on my container, so I simply measured by filling the container with water to my desired height and poured that water into a measuring cup. The end product was a 40oz candle. Pretty big. That size WoodWickÓ candle would have cost me over $30.
  • Prepare your wicks. Since I had to improvise, I had to make my own wood wicks. I cut my basswood strips down to size using an Exacto knife. The length will vary according to your container, but prepare to cut the wood into
  • If you are going with wood wicks, find a way to secure the wicks onto the bottom of your container. We used a hot glue gun.
  • Melt the wax. You can do this two different ways. Either you use the microwave or a double boiler. I chose the easier of the two, the microwave. Place your wax in a microwave safe container and melt in 30-second increments.
  • Once your wax is almost fully melted, add your color chips. The more you add, the darker the color. Be aware, the soy wax ended up drying with a whiter hue than what we expected, so take that into consideration. We actually wanted a darker green, but even using all our color chips, it still dried almost with more of a pastel look. (We still love the color though!)
  • After your color chips are completely melted, add your fragrance and stir.
  • Pour your wax into your container.
  • Cool! Allow your candle to cool completely before you use it.

Woodwick2Woodwick3Woodwick4Woodwick5Woodwick6Woodwick7Woodwick8Woodwick9Woodwick10

How do you like your results?! Is the color just as you had wanted? Once you have lit your candle, is the fragrance to your liking? If this is the first time you are lighting a wood wicked candle in your home, what do you think? I have recommended one to everyone, my brother and best friend have fallen  in love with them and are practically obsessed. They really are different and add a sort of a homey atmosphere to your home.

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this page
Doris Schooling
doris.schooling@gmail.com

26 Comments

• Jessica Paulucci

09.12.2014 at 09:49 Reply

I am sooo making one this weekend!!!!

• Doris

09.12.2014 at 12:37 Reply

That’s great!!! It’s definitely worth it, Jessica! Let us know how it turns out!

• www

09.12.2014 at 02:14 Reply

Hello, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, because this time i am
    reading this wonderful informative paragraph
    here at my home.

• Andreasfij

09.12.2014 at 06:53 Reply

Добрый день дамы и господа! Предлагаем Вашему вниманию интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Бурение скважин в Минске компанией АКВАБУРсервис – полный комплекс качественных и разумных по цене услуг. Заказывайте скважину для воды в АКВАБУРсервис – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам!
    Увидимся!

• Andreasuza

09.12.2014 at 12:57 Reply

Добрый день товарищи! Предлагаем Вашему вниманию интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Бурение скважин в Минске компанией АКВАБУРсервис – полный комплекс качественных и разумных по цене услуг. Заказывайте скважину для воды в АКВАБУРсервис – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам!
    От всей души Вам всех благ!

• Andreasktx

09.12.2014 at 15:43 Reply

Привет товарищи! Есть такой замечательный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Бурение скважин в Минске компанией АКВАБУРсервис – полный комплекс качественных и разумных по цене услуг. Заказывайте скважину для воды в АКВАБУРсервис – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам!
    Увидимся!

• Antoniovzh

09.12.2014 at 07:22 Reply

Добрый день друзья! Предлагаем Вашему вниманию интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Заказывайте скважину для воды в ЕВРОБУРСЕРВИС – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам! Более подробная информация размещена тут https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WNRakU9DtUUJSwzsL4smlzgF0mODipG/view?usp=sharing
    Увидимся!

• Antoniowmp

09.12.2014 at 09:47 Reply

Приветствую Вас товарищи! Предлагаем Вашему вниманию замечательный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Заказывайте скважину для воды в ЕВРОБУРСЕРВИС – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам! Более подробная информация размещена тут https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WNRakU9DtUUJSwzsL4smlzgF0mODipG/view?usp=sharing
    От всей души Вам всех благ!

• Antoniohec

09.12.2014 at 12:11 Reply

Добрый день дамы и господа! Есть такой интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Заказывайте скважину для воды в ЕВРОБУРСЕРВИС – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам! Более подробная информация размещена тут https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WNRakU9DtUUJSwzsL4smlzgF0mODipG/view?usp=sharing
    От всей души Вам всех благ!

• fij.com.ua

09.12.2014 at 14:50 Reply

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
    added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

• Antoniomkz

09.12.2014 at 15:14 Reply

Приветствую Вас господа! Есть такой интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Заказывайте скважину для воды в ЕВРОБУРСЕРВИС – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам! Более подробная информация размещена тут https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WNRakU9DtUUJSwzsL4smlzgF0mODipG/view?usp=sharing
    Увидимся!

• Antoniodre

09.12.2014 at 17:36 Reply

Приветствую Вас дамы и господа! Есть такой интересный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду. Заказывайте скважину для воды в ЕВРОБУРСЕРВИС – получите доступ к экологически чистой природной воде по самым выгодным в Минске ценам! Более подробная информация размещена тут https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WNRakU9DtUUJSwzsL4smlzgF0mODipG/view?usp=sharing
    Увидимся!

• GET WEBSITE TRAFFIC

09.12.2014 at 14:35 Reply

Hello Admin,

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: thewovenstudio.com

My name is Debbie Rhoades, and I’m a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get:
    – visitors from search engines
    – visitors from social media
    – visitors from any country you want
    – very low bounce rate & long visit duration

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST => https://bit.ly/3gqLEoE

Do not forget to read Review to convince you, is already being tested by many people who have trusted it !!

The Woven Studio | $9 Wood Wick Candles

• who g

09.12.2014 at 17:10 Reply

Yes! Finally someone writes about g a.

• this g

09.12.2014 at 07:52 Reply

I have learn several just right stuff here.
    Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you place to create this type of
    great informative site.

• g https://tinyurl.com/rsacwgxy

09.12.2014 at 09:31 Reply

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all. But think about
    if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts
    more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could undeniably be one of the
    very best in its field. Very good blog!

• beauhorn.com

09.12.2014 at 01:33 Reply

I know this web site presents quality based articles or reviews and other material, is there any other
    web page which offers these stuff in quality?

• ai4children.org

09.12.2014 at 05:37 Reply

I just like the helpful info you supply to your articles.

I will bookmark your weblog and check again here
    regularly. I’m relatively sure I will be informed many new
    stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

• tinyurl.com

09.12.2014 at 14:27 Reply

What’s up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace,
    when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible paragraph.

09.12.2014 at 23:38 Reply

Hi, its good article about media print, we all be familiar with media is a fantastic source of facts.

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 06:58 Reply

excellent points altogether, you just received a new reader.

What would you suggest in regards to your submit that you just made a few days in the past?

Any certain?

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 09:39 Reply

Asking questions are really good thing if you are not understanding anything entirely, but this article offers fastidious understanding yet.

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 15:53 Reply

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made
    or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a
    few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Thank you

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 18:26 Reply

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off
    the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know.
    The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue solved
    soon. Kudos

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 16:55 Reply

Hello, the whole thing is going fine here and
    ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that’s genuinely fine,
    keep up writing.

• cbd oil that works 2020

09.12.2014 at 00:25 Reply

I have read so many content regarding the blogger
    lovers but this article is truly a nice post, keep it up.