I use it to gift up for my and my husband’s coworkers for those Christmas parties and it has been a hit every year. Who doesn’t like chocolate covered pretzels? They make a big impact, have a quality look, and taste super yummy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Pretzels (I like to use Snyder’s Old Tyme Pretzels)
Chocolate Chips (I like Ghirardelli’s the best, but any will work. If you can’t get that brand, I would recommend a milk chocolate or white chocolate chip, they taste better than the semi-sweet in my opinion.)
Toppings. Go wild! I typically use mini M&M’s, crushed Oreos, mint sprinkles, and colored chocolate chips. This project has been my staple for the past couple years.
- Prepare room in your refrigerator or freezer. Depending on how many pretzels you plan on making, you will have several trays of pretzels to stick in there.
- Prepare your trays. Line the trays with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate. Here is the best way to do it. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate chips until the bowl is no longer warm. Don’t skip this step! If you overheat the chocolate it may become clumpy. Only after you have stirred until the bowl is cold, if you still need to melt the chocolate more, microwave at 20 second intervals until fully melted.
- Drop your pretzel into the melted chocolate, and using a fork, turn it over then remove the excess by shaking the fork with the pretzel on top.
- If you want you use a topping, you will have to sprinkle on top of the chocolate covered pretzel as soon as you cover it in the chocolate.
- Complete a tray of pretzels and place your completed tray into the fridge.
- Once the chocolate is hard, you can peel the pretzels off the parchment paper and prepare it to serve. Enjoy!