Have you ever seen any of those cute little pre made kits displayed around Christmas time, maybe at a Costco, Macy’s, or at a local pharmacy? You see how cute they are, think of who on your Christmas list you could gift them to, then turn the price tag over to find a price you would NOT pay for what’s inside? You might leave thinking, “Why that much? I could have made that..”. Well, here is your chance!
Earlier this week, we made a Gingerbread Cookie Kit, (Have any of you put that together yet?) and today we will show you how to put together a Hot Cocoa Kit.
What you will need:
Clear plastic gift bag
Optional: plastic spoon and chocolate chips
1. Place your gift bag into your mug. By doing this first, you ensure that the filings in the bag fill perfectly around the inside of your mug, without cramming it afterwards and ruining your layers.
2. Take your gift bag and using a funnel, gently pour your hot cocoa into your bag. The deeper you have your funnel, the better, because you won’t want to have the powder cloud up all along the sides of the bag. Fill to about 3/4 the height of your mug.
3. Crush a handful of peppermint candies and sprinkle them in a layer above the cocoa mix.
4. The remaining layer will be your marshmallows. Fill to a little above where the top of the mug ends. Tie your bag shut with a little bit of ribbon.
5. Optional: If you want to go a little above and beyond, you can also make a chocolate covered spoon end to package with your gift. Simple simply pour a couple chocolate chips (I like to use Ghiradelli) into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between each session until fully melted. When finally melted, dip the end of the spoon into the chocolate and dress up with a couple sprinkles or even some of those peppermint pieces from earlier. You can wrap the spoon up in a small plastic bag or plastic wrap.
Hope whoever you gift this sweet little package to enjoys! See you tomorrow for day 19! Happy gifting!